WE PROVIDE COMPLETE FAMILY HEALTH CARE
Our comprehensive approach to Family Medicine means that in addition to office-based care,
we also provide Outreach Clinics, End-of-Life Care, team-based Chronic Disease Management,
and an Urgent Care Clinic.
OUR MAIN SERVICES
Our experienced family physicians and nurse practitioner provide comprehensive, high-quality, evidence-based, lifelong care. Our services include:
- Newborn and Postpartum care
- Minor surgical procedures
- Chronic Disease Management
- Lifelong preventative care
- Acute care (including wound and fracture management)
- Emergency care prior to hospital transfer (our office is equipped with oxygen, nebulized medications, anaphylaxis management medications, and a defibrillator)
- Our clinic is LGBTQ inclusive
Starting September 2019, Dr. Caity Chilton will be accepting patients in need of maternity care, as a member of the Pacific Maternity group.
You do not have to be a family practice patient with West Coast Family Medical Clinic to access this care. Please ask your doctor for a referral or call to book an appointment today. Care is provided to you from first prenatal visit (around 8 weeks) right through to your delivery day, and for you and your new baby until approximately 6 weeks of age. Please bring a filled patient information form to your first appointment, located at http://pacificmaternity.ca/ , where you will find plenty more information regarding our group, pregnancy, and beyond.
Our Urgent Care Clinic provides same-day access to a Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner for medical concerns that need to be addressed in a timely manner.
Demand for this service often exceeds our capacity.
To help us better serve those in our community with urgent medical issues or without a Primary Care Provider, please make every effort to see your own Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner for your medical concerns whenever possible.
To book a same-day appointment in our Urgent Care Clinic, please book online, or phone us at 250-642-4233.
Please note that online booking opens at 6:00AM.
Please note that our Physicians follow Professional Standards and Guidelines for the Safe Prescribing of Drugs with Potential for Misuse/Diversion. For more information, please see:
Urgent Care Clinic hours of operation:
Mon-Fri: 12:00PM – 4:00PM
Closed for all Statutory Holidays
Our physicians provide medical services to the Csek Stolu Elders’ Medical Clinic at the T’Souke Nation.
Our physicians provide confidential medical care to students at Edward Milne Community School on Wednesday afternoons.
- Evidence-based, compassionate, patient-centred end-of-life medical care
- Home-based hospice care
- Hospice beds are also available at Ayre Manor Complex Care Facility, providing 24-hour nursing care for those who cannot be managed at home. Please note that there is a daily fee for Hospice beds.
- We provide Medical Assistance in Dying
- We work closely with our dedicated Sooke Hospice Team, local Home Care Nursing, and Beacon Home Support workers
- For more information about Sooke Hospice Society, click here (url: www.sookehospice.com)
- We accept referrals from Victoria physicians for the care of patients who are living in Sooke
Please contact Dr. Forsberg for physician-to-physician referrals
We provide care for all residents of Ayre Manor Complex Care Facility.
If you have a medical issue that cannot wait until the next day, and you have a family physician at West Coast Family Medical Clinic, the doctor on call can be reached at 1-888-686-3019.
Dr. Pocock is currently accepting new referrals for the management of addictions and chronic pain.
- Island Health and West Coast Family Medical Clinic Physicians work closely together to improve the health of our most at-risk patients with complex medical and social needs
- These services are available to all residents of Sooke, with or without a physician
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Dietician
- Registered Social Worker
- We are a formal teaching site for both the University of British Columbia’s post-graduate Family Medicine residency program and the University of Victoria’s undergraduate Island Medical Program.
- You may encounter medical trainees during your appointment; your co-operation is appreciated. Training new physicians locally plays a key role in role in addressing the current physician shortage (4 of our clinic’s 9 current physicians completed part of their training in our clinic!).